How We Do It
Molded Pulp Packaging is here to fill all of your protective packaging needs. Our process is backed by years of industry experience and aims to serve our clients with top-notch quality service and innovative solutions. Below is a rundown of what to expect from the ordering process to the time it is delivered to your location.
Step By Step Process
- Send an Inquiry: This is your first step. Give us a detailed description of what you need.
- Consultation: A member of our team will reach out to you personally and help guide you through the manufacturing process.
- Design: This is where we enter the phase of creating mockups for your protective shipping materials. Here are our main considerations throughout this process.
- Minimizing material while maximizing protection.
- Avoiding ozone-depleting substances in the material itself.
- Keep the consumer in mind by making sure it is easy to disassemble.
- Reduce size to improve transportation efficiency.
- Tooling and Prototyping: We handle tooling design in-house to maintain tighter control over the quality of product at each phase of the process, ensuring more efficient production times. Here is the Molded Pulp Packaging difference:
- Rapid Prototyping can convey the design to show exactly what the final product will look like. The prototype is not made to be protective, rather it is to take the approved design out of 3D software and into the hands of the client.
- Performance Prototyping: We can test all prototypes with 40-50 testable sample parts internally and in accordance with industry lab standards.
- Production Tooling: Each mold is made from aluminum or plastic with a screen attached to the outside. The screen separates the recycled paper pulp from the water and a vacuum draws out the excess liquids.
- Finished Product: After your prototype is approved and repeatedly tested, we move to the manufacturing process and deliver your solution on-time and on budget.
Learn the Molded Pulp Difference
Molded pulp is made of 100% post-consumer recycled materials. It is biodegradable and 100% recyclable. Often, it is made out of newspapers or discarded boxes. These materials create the most efficient shipping protection on the market. Molded Pulp Packaging as a company meets global standards and fulfils the expectations of environmentally conscious consumers. Request a sample of our product today and see for yourself.
Starting with recycled materials can lower the costs by as much as 70%. Those numbers are across the board. Compared to other types of packaging, molded pulp has a significantly lower cost per unit.
These can also reduce other resource costs. They ship stacked, don’t take up a lot of space, and are lightweight. We can ship in higher volume and less frequently. This means less assembly and administrative time in the warehouse. Ultimately, using molded fiber packaging will increase your profit and reduce overhead.
Premium molded fiber is not only for egg cartons and drink trays anymore. It is highly versatile and applied in all types of shipping and product packaging. Molded fiber (aka molded pulp) is replacing corrugated cardboard, styrofoam, and plastics for internal packaging. Why is this? It has superior shock and vibration protection. This is very helpful during shipping. This material can absorb abrupt bumps on the road, movement, or jolts during transit. It’s lightweight which makes shipping and storage more costs less. Also, we're able to custom make any shape to cushion and protect your product during the entire process.