How We Do It
Molded Pulp Packaging is here to fill all of your protective packaging needs. Our process is backed by years of industry experience and aims to serve our clients with top-notch quality service and innovative solutions. Below is a rundown of what to expect from the ordering process to the time it is delivered to your location.
- Send an Inquiry: This is your first step. Give us a detailed description of what you need.
- Consultation: A member of our team will reach out to you personally and help guide you through the manufacturing process.
- Design: This is where we enter the phase of creating mockups for your protective shipping materials. Here are our main considerations throughout this process.
- Minimizing material while maximizing protection.
- Avoiding ozone-depleting substances in the material itself.
- Keep the consumer in mind by making sure it is easy to disassemble.
- Reduce size to improve transportation efficiency.
- Tooling and Prototyping: We handle tooling design in-house to maintain tighter control over the quality of product at each phase of the process, ensuring more efficient production times. Here is the Molded Pulp Packaging difference:
- Rapid Prototyping can convey the design to show exactly what the final product will look like. The prototype is not made to be protective, rather it is to take the approved design out of 3D software and into the hands of the client.
- Performance Prototyping: We can test all prototypes with 40-50 testable sample parts internally and in accordance with industry lab standards.
- Production Tooling: Each mold is made from aluminum or plastic with a screen attached to the outside. The screen separates the recycled paper pulp from the water and a vacuum draws out the excess liquids.
- Finished Product: After your prototype is approved and repeatedly tested, we move to the manufacturing process and deliver your solution on-time and on budget.